Store-bought air fresheners that release harmful particles. Soy candles that lose their scent over time. It seems like attempting to give your home a sweet-smelling scent using artificial methods might not produce the effect you desire. So, how can you ensure you’re coming home to a positive aroma after a day in the office or out with friends?
The answer lies in essential oils. Used for over 3500 years due to their medicinal, spiritual and therapeutic value, essential oils are the easiest and natural, most healthy way to make your home smell fresh and clean.
Get your house to smell amazing with these essential oil scents
Our sense of smell is directly connected to our emotions and memory, and can elicit emotional responses, such as feeling happy, relaxed, or even motivated. So, when we’re spending almost half of our lives in our homes, it makes sense to come home to a place that stimulates positive energy through the senses.
Invoke a positive first and last impression on your guests when you use these 5 essential oils in your home, without overpowering you with their scent:
- Lavender essential oil: If you only plan to have one essential oil in the home, make it lavender. If you’re a high-energy person and have a difficult time settling down after you arrive home from work, putting a few drops of lavender essential oil into your diffuser will help calm your nerves. After all, that’s why so many people use lavender to aid them in getting a good night’s rest. Not only does this scent encourage relaxation and inner peace, but it’s the most versatile of all the essential oils: you can even use it to treat nausea and skin irritations (just be sure to dilute it with a carrier oil). Best of all, the scent won’t consume your nostrils and your home. Best for: the bedroom.
- Lemongrass essential oil: With a scent that is described as a mix of fresh, citrusy, earthy and sweet, it’s little wonder why this is a popular smell for the home. Reminiscent of sunshine and warm weather, adding a few drops of lemongrass essential oil into your diffuser is said to lift the spirits and even encourage action. So, if you’ve got a deadline looming and you’re lacking motivation, lemongrass will make your home smell fresh while getting you off that couch. Best for: the living room.
- Eucalyptus essential oil: With its easily recognisable scent, eucalyptus essential oil has been used to clean and disinfect bench tops and sinks due to its antiseptic properties. But that’s not all: when inhaled, it is said to give you clarity and focus, combined with encouraging clear and deep breathing. It’s ideal for waking you up and giving you extra freshness and energy for the day. Best for: the bathroom.
- Rosemary essential oil: For a natural lift and memory booster, rosemary essential oil will do the trick. Just a few whiffs of this scent are all you need to enhance memory, focus and overall performance. Set in a diffuser near food preparation to stimulate appetite for when you have guests over for dinner. Alternatively, its refreshing and energising aroma will also eliminate any unpleasant odours in the home. Best for: the dining room
- Bergamot essential oil: Want to escape to the Tuscan countryside but can’t find the time (or the funds)? Just use bergamot essential oil in the home to immediately elicit a citrus-like fragrance and distinctive spicy-floral quality. When inhaled, it is said to lift your mood and relieve feelings of anxiety and depression. Luxe, fresh and sweet all at once, it’s a dreamy scent, for sure. Best for: the kitchen
Essential oils for the home
It’s time to break up with your candle collection: Oil Garden offers a range of 100% pure essential oils and diffusers for the home. Bottled and blended right here in Australia, our essential oils are intended to channel a sense of peace, clarity or vitality as you walk through the door. Most importantly, our products are plant-based and cruelty-free with no harmful chemicals or parabens.
Shop our range of essential oils today.