As we celebrate World Menopause Day on 18th October, it’s crucial to acknowledge the transformative journey that many women go through during perimenopause and menopause. This natural transition can bring about a variety of physical and emotional changes. Fortunately, essential oils can be valuable allies in alleviating the symptoms associated with this stage of life. Join us as we explore some essential oil blends to help you navigate the challenges of perimenopause and menopause with grace and ease.
Menopause is a unique and individual experience for each woman. Our 100% pure and natural Oil Garden essential oils can offer a holistic approach to managing the symptoms and emotional challenges that come with this life transition. Always consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or medical conditions. Embrace the change, and let Oil Garden’s Pure Essential Oils be your supportive companions on this remarkable journey of self-discovery and transformation. Happy World Menopause Day!
To help you navigate the change Menopause brings we have developed a selection of supporting and nurturing blends with our Aromatherapist that you can mix easily at home with a couple of key ingredients.
Women's Balance Blend
Designed to support hormone-balancing, emotional wellness, and mood-enhancement this blend, can help ease the physical and emotional symptoms often associated with menopause.
- Rose Geranium – is known for its hormone-balancing properties, making it an excellent choice for menopause. It can help regulate the endocrine system and reduce hot flashes and mood swings.
- Rose (in Jojoba) – is often associated with beauty and romance, but it’s also a powerful ally for emotional support. Blended with jojoba oil, it becomes a gentle yet potent solution to help ease stress, anxiety, and promote emotional stability.
- Tangerine – essential oil is renowned for its ability to uplift the spirit. It can provide a much-needed boost of energy, help combat fatigue, and enhance mood, which can be especially beneficial during the low-energy moments of menopause.
Diffuser: 2-3 drops of each oil added to your diffuser. Diffuse for up to 3 hours morning and/or night.
Massage: Add 2 drops of each oil to 1 tbsp of Sweet Almond Oil and massage over body.
N.B. Avoid massaging over sensitive areas and eyes.
HOT TIP: to soothe dry skin use 1 tbsp of Jojoba oil instead of Sweet Almond for more intensive moisturising leaving your skin soft and silky.
Inhalation: Neatly fold a tissue into thirds & add 1 drop of each oil to one end. Fold the tissue back on itself twice so the end with the oils are folded to the inner section. Place tissue in your top pocket and inhale throughout the day as required.
Alternative Balance Blend Oils
If you’re after a different aroma, try using these oils in the applications above instead: –
- Geranium: Start with 4 drops of Geranium essential oil. It is the cornerstone of the blend, offering hormone-regulating benefits.
- Neroli (in Jojoba): Add 3 drops of Neroli (in Jojoba) for emotional support and to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Bergamot: Complete the blend with 2 drops of Bergamot essential oil. This addition contributes to mood enhancement and emotional balance.
CAUTION: Not suited for use topically (massage) while pregnant.